Thursday, July 16, 2009

Volume 1; Chapter 21: The End Marks The Beginning

This would be the last of Volume 1 and maybe I'll stop posting in chapters. It seems all too cliche and plagiaristic. Anyway, this is the most appropriate time to write a post after so long a drought. Speaking of drought, it kind of links to this particular movie I just watched right before I started on this post. Well, if you are depending on ratings, it's very likely you won't want to watch this movie. But anyway, I watched it and I found it very inspiring and touching. It's the story's essence or the meaning behind which captures me.

Evan Almighty. So goes the title of the movie. Personally, I think the prequel, Bruce Almighty, was rather inferior compared to this sequel (well, it's not much of a sequel actually). Anyway, the reason for this would be the way the meaning is conveyed through the character. Well, we are very much like the main character- Evan Baxter. Always needing a push from God to get us moving.

The thing is, most of us won't know God's plan because we are humans. Precisely that! And more often than we'd like to admit, we frequently base our lives on our own plans. Saying that,"Wow! I've got this and that all lined up. They should work out like what I want." Hey, snap out of the dream. Life is more than that.

Another important thing which was highlighted is family bonds. This is the thing to treasure and I assure you, without this, life is nil, void of relations. Here goes an excerpt where Morgan Freeman, portraying God, says (1:01:24) to Joan Baxter (Lauren Graham)

"Let me ask you something.
If someone prays for patience,
you think God gives them patience?
Or does he give them
the opportunity to be patient?
If they pray for courage,
does God give them courage,
or does he give them opportunities
to be courageous?
If someone prayed
for their family to be closer,
you think God zaps them
with warm, fuzzy feelings?
Or does he give them opportunities
to love each other?"


I agree so. And if you are wondering why life is so miserable for you, why don't you grab those opportunities that God has given you?

I'm not trying to get all religious here, but that I felt like it's important for me to say this. Don't get me wrong, and I'm not trying to offend anybody.



Signing off from Volume 1..


With much regards!

1 comment: